Wednesday, November 21, 2012

DIY: Reusable Cake Flags



I take my sweets cereal. Real cereal. When I bake, not only do my treats taste yummy, but they also look sexy. Cake flags are just the ticket to creating a pretty and unique presentation on your dessert. I've made a cake version and a cupcake version, and I can't believe the use I have already gotten out of each of them.

This DIY is simple and easy, and your guests will be in awe of your attention to the detail (because let's be honest, we do the extras for the compliments).

Reusable Cake Flag DIY

SUPPLIES:
colored card stock
glue
toothpicks
string
glitter
puff paint

To make, fold desired card stock paper in half, hamburger style. Cut triangles out with one side being the fold. Open up the triangles so they are their diamond shape. Put glue on one half. Insert toothpick (for a cupcake flag, as pictured below) or string (for cake flags, as pictures above).












No comments:

Post a Comment