Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Details


The holidays are about spending time together with those you love. They are about sharing good food and great conversation. I believe setting the right ambiance absolutely sets the mood for an occasion; thus, I took it upon myself to set our Thanksgiving table.

As a gal on a budget, I wanted to make my own table setting pieces rather than purchase them. I think, in total, I spent about $30 creating our rustic Thanksgiving table. Several easy DIY details are what really pulled the look all together. It was definitely worth the cost and I can reuse most of the pieces I invested in.

Start with a white tablecloth (please excuse the folding chairs, a ghetto fabulous detail).
Add a piece of burlap (I bought mine at Walmart for $8). I foresee so many more uses...
Use a centerpiece with CANDLES! They really set the mood. I made this one using cardboard, leaves and candles, all things I had at home already. I bought the pumpkins on sale at Safeway for a quarter each!
Use place cards! A fun detail that when placed appropriately can really fuel conversation. 
I found all the pinecones outside, fo frwee. DIY tutorial here.
The {paper} napkins add a pop of color to the table. $4 at Safeway. 

Although I know my table setting is not as beautiful as the ones you see in magazines or other  blogs,  I was pleased with the results. It added an element to our Thanksgiving holiday that made it memorable. Ideas for our Christmas table setting are flowing like wine now. Stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment