Monday, April 29, 2013

How To Make Coffee Without A Coffee Maker

I love coffee. Coffee is my friend. Before I drink coffee, I feel like this:

via
After I drink coffee, I feel like this:

via
The point is, if you're anything like me, coffee is an important part of the day. And because it's an important part of the day, I have become quite the pro at making it. Although I know most peeps use a coffee maker for their morning java, I'm particular to a french press. I like the french press because it seems more sanitary, it's clean up is easier and it's how the French make their coffee (and I like to pretend I'm a tres chic, french girl). If you haven't used one before, don't be scurred, they're awesome. Try it now!

I digress. What's a girl to do though when she finds herself at 8 a.m., without a french press or a coffee maker (bc she stayed at her bf's house where there is neither to be found)? She gets creative. She learns how to make coffee without either. It's not hard. You can do it!

To make coffee without a coffee maker:

1. Add several cups of water to a medium pot.

2. Add several tablespoons of coffee grinds.

3. Stir the coffee grinds and water together and bring to a boil.

4. Put your coffee cup in the sink.

 5. Put the strainer on top of the coffee cup.

 6. Put a paper towel inside the strainer (a cheesecloth works better if you have it, but I don't, so I used a paper towel, it's ghetto cousin).

 7. Pour the boiling coffee into the strainer. The paper towel should catch the grinds

8. Enjoy your freshly brewed coffee. (Add another cup of cream if you're like me. Yum, cream.)


NOTE: 1 cup of water + 1 tablespoon of coffee grinds = 1 serving of coffee

1 comment:

  1. Modern coffee makers have made the task of consumers easy now you have to just pour the ingredients and you will get hot and delicious coffee in few minutes.

    Thanks
    Finn Felton

    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete