Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thrifted Thursday: Plates and Bowls

When thrifting, have you ever noticed all the single plates and bowls just chillin' on the shelves? They sit lonely, no matches in sight. It makes me sad. So, I have started buying these quirky singles, rescuing them from their thrift store prison. And now I have a little collection (meaning four) that I use for varying purposes. It's cool.

1. First up, we have the white dessert plate that rests on my nightstand. The pint-sized beauty is pristine white with lacey edges. I use it (once I'm in bed and too too tired to get up) to hold any jewelry or hair accessories still present on my body that would interrupt my beauty sleep (i.e. bobby pins, earrings, hair-ties, etc...). Got it for $1.


2. Next, meet the black and white, provincal-style bowl. It sits on my dresser and holds my long earrings. It's very French chic and obviously classy. I love it and it loves me back. Bought for $3.

Me and the pops. Yes he's a ginger. Yes he had a 'stache.

3. Third, meet the green, asian-inspired saucer (no teacup included). It's whimsical leaves and white flowers make me feel like a young, Japanese geisha every time I put my rings or earring studs on it. The asian saucer sits on my dresser where its eclectic beauty shines. Mine for $1.



4. Finally, meet the green, glass, flower bowl. This bowl is super unique with a 70s vibe, and it makes me happy. I use it for any odds and ends that I don't know what to do with (think extra chapsticks, rubber bands and safety pins). It also sits on my dresser and really pulls the my room together. Added to the collection for only $2.



I hope you enjoyed meeting my thifted, china family. We love each other as if we were a set.


P.S. I bought all of the above china at For Pet's Sake in Breckenridge. Check it, yo.


No comments:

Post a Comment