Thursday, December 6, 2012

Running Like Pheobe

Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous in the high country. It was almost 50 degree in Breckenridge, making it too nice outside to not do anything. So I laced up my running shoes and hit the pavement. Now usually I prefer to trail run for several reasons. First, the scenery is more beautiful. Second, it's better on my joints (dirt is less impact than concrete). Third and most importantly, I don't like running in public where people can see me because I'm pretty sure I run like Pheobe in that one Friends episode.

Have you ever seen the The One Where Pheobe Runs? When Pheobe and Rachel go running in Central Park and Rachel gets embarrassed because Pheobe runs super spastic and wild? Well that's me. Every. Time. I. Run. I do this weird sway thing with my hips, and let's not even talk about my thumbs-up-hands while I'm in motion.

I look something like this...


It's embarrassing. What's worse is that in the small town of only 5,000 that I live in, someone ALWAYS sees me. While running yesterday, I got honked at by two friends, one friend pulled over to chat and another friend emailed to say he saw me. I guess you could say I'm kind of a big deal, a big deal at looking goofy while trying to accelerate my heart rate.

What do you think? Do you like running in public? Are you a confident runner? Or, are you like me, and prefer to hide your hip swinging, thumbs-up running style in the woods?



Video via here

No comments:

Post a Comment